04 Feb 2009
It looks I've been tagged on facebook by several people to do this, so here it goes...
- I'm a Twitterholic and you are welcome to follow me on Twitter.
- I've lived in at least 6 states, 8 cities, and 12 apartments/houses during my lifespan.
- I work as a consultant, but I've only consulted with one client for the past 3 years.
- I'm the tallest person in my immediate family measuring in at whopping 5 foot 6 inches.
- I'm probably in the minority of men at the age of 32 that actually own a pair of Heelys.
- Secretly, my favorite movie is the Sound of Music, but shhh don't tell...
- In November 2004 I placed 4th in a weight lifting competition benching 185.18% of my body weight (lifted 250 lbs).
- We owned a dog, Bandit, for about 3 months before our first child was born. He kept pooping where we knew our child would be crawling on the carpet. He now lives with a nice elderly lady.
- I was the biggest loser in our neighborhood losing 16.31% of my weight (27 lbs) in 3 months! Of course, I've gained all that back :)
- When I was younger I took a karate class, but when the wind was knocked out of me... pain equaled gain and I quit!
- Although I graduated with honors, I chose not to attend my high school graduation.
- I ran track in high school. The 4 x 100 team I was on made it to the Arizona state finals my Junior year.
- I received the following track complement, "That white boy can run", as my short legs scrambled to keep up those who weren't height challenged.
- When I was younger I was afraid of ants. I literally thought they would crawl all the way up my pants!
- A friend and I coveted the Omnibot 2000 from the Christmas edition of the Sears catalog. Santa got it for my friend, but it turned out to be quite lame.
- Some interesting anagrams for Elijah Manor are Jail Man Hero, Major Inhale, Alien JoHarm, and Lion Hare Jam.
- I used to wish that I was Elongated Man so I could move my mid-section to the bathroom so that I wouldn't miss any part of the Smurfs cartoon.
- I keep thinking that I am going to outgrow getting acne, but it keeps poking up its ugly head at every turn.
- I have been proactive in creating gmail accounts for my two children. Who knows if they will be available when they get older :)
- I practically swim in coffee and Diet Mt. Dew... my record is 9 cups of coffee in one day. I plan to break that record soon.
- I have daily headaches that often incapacitate me. Taking medicine helps, but we haven't found the cause of them yet.
- I am known for doing the Robot Manor Dance when you least expect it!
- When my hair gets too long it starts to look like an over sized Brillo pad. I used to be against product, but now its almost a necessity.
- Since my birthday is 4 days after Christmas, I tried to start celebrating my half birthday, but both my wife and mother forgot the first year I implemented it.
- I most cherish Jesus my savior who came to Earth as a man, lived as one of us, died for my sins, was raised from the dead, and now is preparing a place for me in heaven with him.
Did you have a favorite random fact about me or do you you have one of the above in common with me? If so, please share it with me in the comments below...
Read More »
13 Jan 2009
Yesterday I posted a Twitter poll asking the community for their top 5 jQuery resources on Twitter for tips, tricks, and plugins.
And without further ado, here is your list of top jQuery tweeple to follow on Twitter...
Note: I only kept entries that had more than one vote represented.
Read More »
13 Jan 2009
I don't know about you, but ever since I got on the "ASP.NET MVC" bandwagon I started to feel something inside of me that really didn't want to type 11 characters to represent the technology, and the funny thing is that "ASP.NET MVC" is already an Acronym! I am thankful that I don't have to type out "Active Server Pages .NET Model View Controller" Whew!!!
Anyway, although this might muddy the waters, as someone has already mentioned, I thought I would start a poll in seek of an abbreviated term to represent "ASP.NET MVC". Here are my findings...
Read More »
<p>After all of that… what does it mean!?! Honestly, probably not a whole lot :)</p><p>Although, I really like the idea of typing “MVC.NET”, we probably should just stick to the original term “ASP.NET MVC” because that is what people are used to and that is what they understand. If we introduce another term it would probably just confuse people and force us to explain ourselves at every turn.</p><p>Oh, I had several people note that the numbers don’t quite add up on the poll results. The reason for that is I allowed each voter to select one or more answers. I apologize for the confusion :)</p>
17 Dec 2008
For those of you who have not yet heard, the Shorty Awards are now open for nominations...
What is the Shorty Awards?
The best producers of short* content in 2008 *140 characters or less, on Twitter
The Shorty Awards honor the world's top Twitterers. You can nominate as many people for as many categories as you'd like until midnight December 31st.
How it works...
Here are some nominations that I recommend...
Categories<ul><li> <p>Apps</p> <ul><li>Nominate Grader (Profile)</li> <li>Nominate MrTweet (Profile)</li> <li>Nominate TweetDeck (Profile)</li> <li>Nominate TwitterFon (Profile)</li> </ul></li> <li> <p>Finance</p> <ul><li>Nominate RSSDave (Profile)</li></ul></li> <li> <p>Programming</p> <ul><li>Nominate CoreyHaines (Profile)</li> <li>Nominate CrazeeGeekChick (Profile)</li> <li>Nominate Dmohl (Profile)</li> <li>Nominate ElijahManor (Profile)</li> <li>Nominate RickStrahl (Profile)</li> <li>Nominate Shanselman (Profile)</li> <li>Nominate SteveAndrews (Profile)</li> <li>Nominate TheRealHoff (Profile)</li> <li>Nominate Wbm (Profile)</li> </ul></li> <li> <p>Startups</p> <ul><li>Nominate CaseyPicker (Profile)</li> <li>Nominate Rootclip (Profile)</li> </ul></li> <li> <p>Tech</p> <ul><li>Nominate TechCrunch (Profile)</li> <li>Nominate Twitter_Tips (Profile)</li></ul></li></ul><p>Please leave a comment with your own recommendations…</p> <p>… and again, if you’ve benefited from my blog or my tweets would you please consider nominating me for the #programming category in shorty twitter awards?</p> <p>Thank you, and happy tweeting!</p>
Read More »
08 Dec 2008
My wife and I went out on a much needed date after a dry spell of alone time. I thought either we could do the typical movie thing, or maybe we could do something more interactive in nature.
So, with the help of my tweeters we came up with the idea of Painting Pottery at All Fired Up in Nashville, TN.
Then comes the hard part what does a computer geek programmer paint on a piece of pottery? Ahh... well, computer geek terms of course!
Here are some pictures of the coffee mug that I painted. I plan to bring it to work and drink from it proudly :)
Although I am an avid coffee drinker... I think you can tell that I like to drink the .NET kool-aid too :)
Read More »